Choose between our lean and basic website package for researchers on a budget, or talk to us about a custom quote when you need to dazzle the world with your study results.
With a website from The Online Scientist comes the guarantee that you can maintain and update the site yourself. We do offer those services as well of course, so if you want help with updates, maintenance, content or hosting, just let us know! Inquire about the possibilities and configurations via email, or fill out our website optimizer to summarize your needs and wishes.
- Choose from our templates made specifically for researchers, consortia or smaller research projects.
- We apply your own colors and design and create a simple logo.
- We help you with the basics to structure your website and present your content online.
- For researchers on a budget who still want impact!
- A good start for a unique and custom website including design and a simple logo.
- Includes two revision rounds to fine-tune the design.
- We go beyond basics and give advice on how to make your website and research stand out from the crowd.
- For departments, labs or consortia that want to maximize their impact!
- We will create the website that suits all your demands and wishes.
- Not just a website, but a unique product with consults on how to promote your research to the public.
- Including content architecture, interactive features, professionally written texts, and custom designed pages.
- For larger academic websites that have a wide audience.
Hosting and website maintenance
Above prices do not include costs for a domain name and hosting. Inquire with us for recommendations or choose from our own hosting options:
Hosting is available for €40 per month for Basic Managed WordPress hosting where we not only host your website, but update your website each week and keep backups in case something goes wrong. You do not need any technical knowledge, we take care of the basics.
For €95 per month you get an additional 1 hour of our webmaster service, where you get support for all your webdesign needs, maintenance questions, or even custom design needs.
Our services to update or completely redesign your scientific presentation.
If it seems daunting to upgrade your presentation yourself (after reading our e-book Cause an Effect) or if you don’t have the time to find out how your presentation can be improved, why don’t you let us do that for you? Choose between these options to have us professionalize your presentation design.
Quick diagnostics check
- We analyse your presentation and check for quick wins and opportunities for improvement.
- You will receive a concise report with our findings and specific recommendations.
- Includes our e-book Cause an Effect (or get a €10 discount)
- A quick nudge in the right direction for those who want to work on it themselves.
Custom presentation slide design
- We put our best designer on your presentation (from a minimum of 5 slides).
- We analyse your presentation and optimise the slides for you according to the best practice.
- We also advice on how to structure and optimize the content, and include copyright-free images if needed.
- For busy researchers that want to make an impact with their story.
E-learning development is always custom, but many people ask us for the ‘ballpark prices’ of good e-learning.
We maintain a high standard for our e-learning courses: they are evidence-based and actually improve retention of content. That’s why we usually don’t develop “click-through courses” where you passively go through video and text by the click of a button – e-learning can be so much more! So if you want high-quality courses that engage and inspire students, then contact us to discuss your project, or fill out our e-learning optimizer.
(These prices are based on our own experience with projects, but they are supported by the research of Chapman Alliance and their How Long Does it Take to Create Learning? presentation on SlideShare.)
- Course with content pages, text, simple video, test questions (assessment).
- E.g. converting a PowerPoint presentation for online use.
- For quick turnaround courses on a budget.
- Basic e-learning plus 25% interactive exercises and more use of video and animations.
- E.g. e-learning with interactive exercises and custom feedback.
- The in-between option.
- Highly interactive course with various exercises (drag and drop, matching, ordering) and custom feedback.
- E.g. simulations of real-life examples and animations.
- For complex, evidence-based e-learning courses that need accreditation.
Our hourly rate is €95 for development, consulting and e-learning. For technical support and simple webdesign we charge our discounted rate of €80 per hour. We do prefer to arrive at a fixed price, based on your project – it makes it so much more relaxed to cooperate!