Most of our work is custom and tailored to a certain budget and specific set of needs. But that doesn’t mean that we don’t have a price indication to help you budget your project.
This list of standardized items will give you an indication of what we do, and at which fee. Is your budget limited? We help you choose a form that creates the biggest impact. For each project we create a fixed project price (without any surprises afterwards).
The prices mentioned on this page are excluding VAT.
Choose between our lean and basic website package for researchers on a budget, or talk to us about a custom quote when you need to dazzle the world with your study results.
With a website from The Online Scientist comes the guarantee that you can maintain and update the site yourself. We do offer those services as well of course, so if you want help with updates, maintenance, content or hosting, just let us know! Inquire about the possibilities and configurations via email, or fill out our website optimizer to summarize your needs and wishes.
Website in 1 day
- A unique one-page website
- Including a 2-hour strategy brainstorm session
- Including simple logo and style
- We help with the structure and rewrite your texts
- A good start for a unique and custom website up to 5 pages
- Including design and a simple logo.
- Two revision rounds to fine-tune the design.
- We go beyond basics and give advice on how to make your website and research stand out from the crowd.
- We will create the website that suits all your demands and wishes.
- Includes an extraordinary design and a fully designed logo
- Including blog, team pages, events, professionally written texts, and custom designed pages.
- A unique product with training on how to promote your research to the public.
Hosting & website maintenance
Above prices do not include costs for a domain name and hosting, which you need for every website. Inquire with us for recommendations or choose from our own hosting options where we are your personal webmaster:
Hosting is available from €80 per month for Managed WordPress hosting. We provide the hosting and maintenance of the website to keep it safe and working properly. We solve all technical issues that may occur quickly. You have one point of contact and there is no additional charge for smaller questions and requests.
For €125 per month you get our Managed WordPress hosting + Support Package. It gives you an additional 1 hour of support each month (at 50% discount), where you get support for all your webdesign needs, maintenance questions, or even custom design needs.
Get creative with one of our science communication designs. From infographics to animated video.
Social media story
- A carousel mini-story for Twitter and LinkedIn
- Including advice on science communication
- Including writing script
- 6-8 cards fully designed
- Your study results visualised in an infographic
- Unique design
- A4 size suitable for web and print
- Around 100-200 words
- Help with writing your infographic
- 1-2 minutes of animation (150 words per minute)
- Includes writing the script
- With sound effects and voice-over
Our hourly rate is €95 ex. VAT. We do prefer to arrive at a fixed price, based on your project – it makes it so much more relaxed to work together!
E-learning development is always custom, but many people ask us for the ‘ballpark prices’ of good e-learning.
We maintain a high standard for our e-learning courses: they are evidence-based and actually improve retention of content. That’s why we usually don’t develop “click-through courses” where you passively go through video and text by the click of a button – e-learning can be so much more! So if you want high-quality courses that engage and inspire students, then contact us to discuss your project, or fill out our e-learning optimizer.
(These prices are based on our own experience with projects, but they are supported by the research of Chapman Alliance and their How Long Does it Take to Create Learning? presentation on SlideShare.)
- Course with content pages, text, simple video, test questions (assessment).
- E.g. converting a PowerPoint presentation for online use.
- For quick turnaround courses on a budget.
- Basic e-learning plus 25% interactive exercises and more use of video and animations.
- E.g. e-learning with interactive exercises and custom feedback.
- The in-between option.
- Highly interactive course with various exercises (drag and drop, matching, ordering) and custom feedback.
- E.g. simulations of real-life examples and animations.
- For complex, evidence-based e-learning courses that need accreditation.